Welcome to Our Expense Reduction Tips Page!
Utility Reduction Tips
- Install motion/timer switches for lights in areas that are seldom used. *
- Shut personal computers down completely at night. *
- Encourage employees to dress warmer or lighter to adjust thermostat a few degrees. *
- Use a waste oil heater to utilize waste oil from your service department. *
- Consider recycling to minimize or eliminate thrash pickups.
- Install vinyl strips doors on overhead doors to reduce the amount of heated/cooled air loss *
- Replace your regular incandescent light bulbs with low energy, fluorescent or, better yet, LED light bulbs.
- Shop for a less expensive DMS system or renegotiate with your current DMS provider.
- Enlist a 3rd party vendor that specializes in finding DMS cost saving measures.
- Consider purchasing rather than renting equipment such as printers which usually carry expensive monthly maintenance agreements.
- Eliminate multiple equipment such as printers etc.
- Consider going to a paperless system.
- Reuse printer paper whenever possible such as using the both sides of the paper.
- Check with a local print shop about creating notepads from the used paper.
- Shred used printer paper for use as packing for shipments.
- Reuse cardboard boxes by using them instead of plastic bags for customer parts orders. Encourage employees to take boxes for moving, storage etc.
- Make it policy that service customer old take off parts are given to the customer whenever possible instead of ending up in your dumpster.
- Check with your local school system, sometimes school districts collect office paper as a way to raise money. *
- Give your old computers as a tax write off to local organizations who might refurbish the computer, or you can give it to an organization that will safely recycle it.
* Source: Steven Brittain, Parts Manager, Contemporary Chrysler Dodge, Milford, NH